Our training is crafted from evidence-based practices of leading industry professionals and offers participants authoritative resources from coaches and addiction professionals who are using these methods daily.
Rational Recovery Coach Specialist 8-25-18
Our Rational Recovery Coach Specialist training complies with:
- The requirements of MN Rule 245G.11, subdivisions 7(3) and 8
- Best practices outlined by NAADAC, SAMHSA, NIDA and the National Center on Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Read more about the Rational Recovery Specialist course
- Understanding recovery, the many paths to recovery, and the characteristics of a competent recovery coach.
- Establishing the coaching relationship and focusing on client empowerment.
- Coaching stages for change: committing clients to action.
- Cognitive restructuring: challenging cognitive distortions.
- Strength-focused coaching–using a client’s inner strengths to help them view options and take positive steps.
- Motivational & Intentional Interviewing: person-centered method of getting clients to weigh the pros and cons of their behaviors and come to logical conclusions.
- The Stages of Change Model: getting clients to move from a position of ambivalence to one of change.
- Solution-focused questioning: asking coping and solutions questions that empower a client to envision a preferred and manageable future.
- Trans-cultural competencies
- Laws and professional boundaries
How to Enroll
Enrollment is completed when you pay for your course. Course payment is routed through PayPal and ensures that your purchase is protected and your financial information remains private and secure during purchase. You may pay with a credit card even if you don’t have an account.